Cannot remove flash memory

Larry Shields larry at isp.com
Thu Nov 30 14:44:49 UTC 2006

Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

I have a Lexar  512mb JumpDrive, and what I do from a terminal command
line is sudo su, then enter my root password...Type umount /dev/sda1 and
the Icon on the screen is removed...Now plugging it back in, it will
detect the jumpdrive, and the icon shows back up...

Using eject does the same thing...

One or the other is all that is needed...

Larry