subject: Re: Giving up on Edgy

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 02:06:56 UTC 2006

On 11/20/06, Scott <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 13:00:35 -0800, sdavmor <sdavmor at systemstheory.net>
> spake thusly:
> >
> > That is a very sensible suggestion. Most of my client's in-store
> > production database servers are still running RH7.x, because there
> > has not been (until now) any practical business reason to "upgrade"
> > them.
>
> What about security?  Where does one find security updates for an ancient
> unsupported distro?

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/ provides patches for Red Hat 7.3.  You
can get patches released previous to the Fedora Legacy Project taking
it over from ftp://wuarchive.wustl.edu/.

--
Chris

"George 'Macaca' Allen is like the place kicker that blew the winning
field goal at the Super Bowl.  He's why the Republicans lost control
of the Senate."