INSTALL PROBLEMS ON W98- i386, 20gb and 10 gb hard disks.

Larry Paulson paulsonlarry at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 02:41:44 UTC 2006

I purchased a 64bit AMD E mach with XP about 12 mo ago. I decided to see if
Linex would work on my older 32 bit cpu?

I d/l and created the ISO demo disk on the XP cpu. I ran this disk  on the
I386 cpu and after many trials was able to review the applications. During
this time--I decided to buy the book with the DVD-disk. This disk appeared
to work ? ver 6.06 at times but I have since given up on it.

I tried to use the terminal to partition the C hd. No luck-even using
suggestions from your support site.

SO WHAT TO DO? After 40 years of using CPU's - we like simple systems. I
could get help ? from friends--but--

IF all of this is too difficult-- I can erase the C disk and install linex
only. What is the best solution??  Larry