[H/W] Motherboard support : Asus A8V-X ?

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 19:28:35 UTC 2006

I have a PCI TV card in my box.  Just waiting for me to get the time
to fool with it (but so far I haven't).  It was recognized under Dapper,
but when I upgraded to Edgy, it wasn't recognized anymore.  If you
are running Edgy, there's a pretty good chance the problem is the OS
not the card.  One more reason to abandon Edgy, and go back to Dapper.

Drew

On 11/21/06, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> > I am considering buying a new motherboard to replace my 5 year old nForce board that is dying.
> > I have selected this one:
> > Asus AV8-X
> > Anyone body running this board ? Does everything work, Sound, SATA, Ethernet ?
>
> Update, for all interested parties:
>
> I just received the board. SATA, Ethernet, Sound all work out of the
> box. Frequency scaling works, though the CPU fan speed doesn't want to
> vary with the CPU load, so it's always noisy, after a few hours it's
> already driving me mad. But the real problem, the show stopper, is that
> for some reason, my PCI TV card/tuner is not detected at all, black
> hole !
> So I must return it to the vendor, and try to find a different model
> of motherboard, hoping everything would work this time...
>
> --
> Vince, surprised and disappointed...

Drew Einhorn