[OT] would new cpu help firefox 2

golfer golfbuf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 15:07:21 UTC 2006

This may be off topic, but I'd appreciate advice from someone using a
newer PC with ubuntu.

I'm running edgy and having recurring problems with firefox using 80+%
cpu, thus slowing my entire system.  It seems to recur after I open a
bunch of tabs.

I'm only running an 800 Mhz pentium 3 with 392 MB ram, so maybe my
computer is the problem.  Now, I notice some holiday sales for PC's
with celeron D 352, with 512 MB ram, for as low as $190.

Does anyone have experience to say whether my slow firefox would go
away if I get one of those celeron's?

TIA