Shutdown Problem with 6.10

Gilles Gravier Gilles at Gravier.org
Mon Nov 20 08:53:08 UTC 2006

Hi!

Are you using ATI drivers? Have you looked at :
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=268859&page=2 ?

As for getting to a verbose boot/shutdown, you should be able to play
with the following kernel parameters :

splash=none #Old style messages in text.
splash=verbose #Pretty, but with information.
splash=silent #Progress bar only.

(either in /boot/grub/menu.lst or manually editing the boot
configuration at boot time)

Gilles.

--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
*=* *http://www.gravier.org/*