iPods and Ubuntu

Rutger van Haasteren vhaasteren at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 11:08:58 UTC 2006

On 11/19/06, Joel Bryan Juliano <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/19/06, Chris Rohde <veritastic at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way to synch it across both?

I always use gtkpod to do this, but it can also be done by other programs
(like amarok, banshee etc.). gtkpod tries to be a itunes clone. There is no
way to synch it accross both if you have itunes it set to 'automatic'
synching, because gtkpod (or whichever program) doesn't adjust the itunes
library. I would set itunes to manual, keep all your music on your windows
partition and insert new music in itunes manually. Then you should have
little extra work and all the pleasure.

note: in my experience this process isn't flawless. You'd better stick with
one synching program (itunes, _or gtkpod) since I have had some corruption
of music in the past. I don't know what the status of libgpod is nowadays,
but I would be carefull...

Rutger