subject: Re: Giving up on Edgy

R Kimber rkimber at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 19 15:22:48 UTC 2006

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:10:34 +0100
Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-11-19 at 14:44 +0000, R Kimber wrote:
> > The problem with the bug reporting system is that you can file a bug
> > report and it can remain marked for some time as "Needs Info"
> > without any indication as to what further info is needed
>
> Suggestion: add a comment to the bug indicating that you are willing
> to work with the maintainer and asking which info exactly you should
> provide and how

I'll try, in future.  I rather assumed that filing a bug meant that one
was willing to answer questions and provide info.

With the actual bug that I had in mind, the problem has, after
an update to edgy, escalated from not having a wireless internet
connection to no longer being able to get a gnome desktop, and I'm not
at all sure how much of the system is now working.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/