Duplex soundcard? Ekiga problems.

Richard Urwin richard at soronlin.org.uk
Fri Nov 17 17:52:31 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 09:30, Chanchao wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 22:50 +0000, Richard Urwin wrote:
> > When I try to place a call using Ekiga it pops up an error (twice)
> >
> > "Could not open audio channel for audio reception
> >
> > An error occured while trying to play audio to the soundcard for the
> > audio reception. Please check that your soundcard is not busy and that
> > your driver supports full-duplex.
> > The audio reception has been disabled."
>
> Yes I get that too.
>
> I don't have strange audio hardware, just regular, and sound works
> everywhere in all applications.
>
> So I just installed Skype.  (which is very nice in the latest version..
> just download the .deb and double-click.)

OK, I'm on AMD64, but since I have £7 credit in Skype I got my finger out,
searched around and found I could get it working with linux32. Along the way
I've got Flash and Java working in a 32 bit Firefox. (BTW, there's a fonts
problem with Firefox 2).

Unfortunately it doesn't work:

richard at jupiter:~/Documents/Downloads/32bit/skype-1.3.0.53$ linux32 ./skype
./skype: error while loading shared libraries: libasound.so.2: cannot open

Richard Urwin