Firebird2.0?

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 15:13:26 UTC 2006

On 16/11/06, Michael Beattie <mtbeedee at gmail.com> wrote:

As for the isql thing... page 21 of this guide
> http://www.firebirdsql.org/pdfmanual/Firebird-2.0-QuickStart.pdf
>
> says to get into the shell, just type "isql".  When I do that, I get
>
> $ isql

Are you sure that that this isql command is being picked up from the bin
subdirectory of your firebird installation?

and for the test database:

> $ cat aliases.conf
> #
> # List of known database aliases
> # ------------------------------
> #
> # Example Databases:
> #
>
> employee.fdb = /var/lib/firebird2/data/employee.fdb
>

> $sudo ls -l /var/lib/firebird2/data
> Password:
> total 0
> -rw-rw---- 1 firebird firebird 0 2006-09-28 11:03 no_empty

The manual constantly refers to the examples/empbuild subdirectory of your
firebird installation; perhaps this alias has been set up incorrectly in
this distribution.

--
Steve
Despair - It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black...