iptables: uid-match is not working.

Yuri Pismerov y.pismerov at armorware.net
Thu Nov 16 00:25:09 UTC 2006

	Hi everybody.

I am trying to get to work a simple iptables rule that works for me on
another (non-Ubuntu)  machine running Debian.

The machine in question was upgraded from Dapper to Edgy with apt-get dist-upgrade.
Here is the rule:

iptables -A OUTPUT -j ACCEPT -m owner --uid-owner 0 (or any other
non-root UID, does not really matter).

For some reason this rule does not account any packets (the pkts and
bytes columns in iptables -L -nv output display zeros).
I've tried it with default 2.6.17-10-386 kernel and with the older
2.6.15-27 - no difference.
What gives ?

Thanks in advance.