NEW - Why source code programs do not compile?

Miguel Cardenas mfcardenas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 14:08:53 UTC 2006

Hello list

I have a doubt about source code in Ubuntu... why some programs by sources
do not compile? the compiler returns undefined symbol or something like...
for example am trying to compile KVIrc (from kvirc.net) and it fails because
undefined symbols. Not system library symbols, symbols from the KVIRC, and
am sure it is not KVIRC bug since the same sources compile in slackware,
freebsd, fedora, etc. I got some errors compiling xosview, by fortune they
were available as package, but there are a lot more that are available only
as source and don't know what to do...

Thanks for your comments

--
Miguel Cardenas