I am using Ubuntu 6.10 and I want to change to Kubuntu 6.10

malkajef malkajef at orthohelp.com
Tue Nov 14 13:31:14 UTC 2006

>> Hi There,
>> Please be informed that I am using Ubuntu 6.10 and it's very nice but
>> I prefer Kubuntu .. could I change from Ubuntu to Kubuntu without
>> removing the ubuntu and re-install Kubuntu.
> http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kde

I am in the same situation, but my Ubuntu 6.10 install is not yet able to
connect to the internet (it's a wireless adapter problem I have not yet
solved).  However I can connect to the web fine in Windows and then transfer
the necessary files via a flash drive or CD when I boot up into Ubuntu for
Linux to find it.

What files should I download (while in windows) for Ubuntu 6.10 to find on
the flash drive to upgrade to Kubuntu?

Same question (while I am at it), what files should I download (while in
windows) for Ubuntu 6.10 to find on the flash drive to add ndiswrapper to I
can get Ubuntu to connect to the internet ? (Wish it was included in the
downloaded iso image)

Thank you.

Jeff