Edgy on a Dell Latitude D820

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Nov 14 11:33:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 14:35 -0700, Jon wrote:
> My first post...
>
> I can only answer #1.
>
> You will need to install an SMP kernel.
This is no longer true with edgy - it was for Dapper. If you run the
useful commands listed below you'll see that both are already running
with the 'generic' kernel.

> The most obvious to me is to use the command
> cat /proc/cpuinfo in a terminal window. That will print the contents of
> your /proc/cpuinfo to the screen.

> As for your Intel 3945 card not working,
It should already be working - do you have a hardware switch? I have had
a lot of trouble getting it started in the past, have a look in the
Documentation for wifi and go through some of the different commands -
somehow they kicked mine into life! Your milage may vary. Also check
this bug:

And try the last post on this page:
http://chandanthewhiz.wordpress.com/2006/05/08/setting-up-wireless-on-linux-fc5/

Please tell us how it goes