clamav problem

Inga Paukner Stojkov inga11235 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 00:17:28 UTC 2006

I have a problem with clamav, can someone please tell me waht these errors
mean and what should I do about it?
I ran the command  sudo apt-get update and after some normal response, this
is what I got for clamav

Setting up clamav-base (0.88.4-1ubuntu1~dapper1) ...
chown: cannot access `/var/run/clamav': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing clamav-base (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of clamav-freshclam:
 clamav-freshclam depends on clamav-base (= 0.88.4-1ubuntu1~dapper1);
however:
  Package clamav-base is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing clamav-freshclam (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of clamav:
 clamav depends on clamav-freshclam | clamav-data; however:
  Package clamav-freshclam is not configured yet.
  Package clamav-data is not installed.
  Package clamav-freshclam which provides clamav-data is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing clamav (--configure):
Setting up cpp-4.0 (4.0.3-1ubuntu5) ...
Setting up cpp (4.0.3-1) ...

Setting up gcc-4.0 (4.0.3-1ubuntu5) ...
Setting up gcc (4.0.3-1) ...

Setting up g++-4.0 (4.0.3-1ubuntu5) ...
Setting up libstdc++6-4.0-dev (4.0.3-1ubuntu5) ...

Setting up g++ (4.0.3-1) ...

Setting up build-essential (11.1) ...
 clamav-base
 clamav-freshclam