Novel Groupwise mailbox

Todd Slater dontodd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 15:20:48 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, YAGNESH N DESAI <ynd at hzw.ltindia.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use Evolution as a mail client for the Novel groupwise
> mail server. We are using Client 6.5. I have tried all the options but
> failed to connect.
>
> Do i need to install the client on the ubuntu. Is there any binary compilation
> available for the client.

Yagnesh,

This is from a chat with a co-worker:

http://support.novell.com/servlet/filedownload/sec/pub/gw656up1clnxm.tar.gz/

i thought i had to login first, but i guess it's once you click on teh link

there's an RPM inside there, so if you wanna install on ubuntu, you'll
have to run "alien -k gw_file.rpm"

of course all of this as root

and if on ubuntu, then run "cp
/opt/novell/groupwise/client/gwclient.desktop
/usr/share/applications/" to put the icon in the menu under Internet

HTH,
Todd