Novel Groupwise mailbox

Todd Slater dontodd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 14:23:28 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, YAGNESH N DESAI <ynd at hzw.ltindia.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use Evolution as a mail client for the Novel groupwise
> mail server. We are using Client 6.5. I have tried all the options but
> failed to connect.
>
> Do i need to install the client on the ubuntu. Is there any binary compilation
> available for the client.

Like Scott said, there is a linux client for GroupWise 6 or 6.5. It's
available from the Novell site if you're lucky enough to find it--as I
recall it's hidden quite well.

I have connected to GW with IMAP-capable MUA's with varying degrees of
success: Thunderbird and Apple's Mail worked pretty well. Lately I'm
just using fetchmail and forwarding mail on to gmail.

An issue I ran into was that when not on our network, no non-GW client
would connect, whether I put in the correct port numbers or not.

Good luck,
Todd