Suggestions required for purchase decision
thisissantanu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 12:13:11 UTC 2006
My old computer died abruptly, and I have decided on buying
a new one, and fixing the old one for experimentation.
My requirements are:
1. It should run Debian/Ubuntu/(Any Linux)
(Whether it is able to run Vista is immaterial for me)
2. It should be future (lets say for another 6 years) proof
3. It should FULLY run Compiz/AIGLX/XGL in all their glory
This is most important for me.
I have decided on the following (decided on going for Intel):
1. MSI P675 Platinum / MSI P965 Neo-F
2. Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (that's the only one that fits my budget)
3. Transcend 1x512MB DDR2 667MHz
4. Graphics Card ????? Help Please
(The least costly card that will fulfill Requirement#3 above)
5. Cabinet with 500W SMPS (probably Zebronics. Antec is too costly
I would be grateful if you please suggest a graphics card that meets
my requirement (preferably widely available one, so that I would
have a better chance at finding one here at Kolkata, India).
More information about the ubuntu-users