OpenOffice unstable...

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Tue Nov 7 09:31:27 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 01:07 -0700, Jon Drews wrote:
>   Did you first save the documents as *.odt or are you working with
> *.doc directly? I think the documents have to be in *.odt to allow
> full functionality of the word processor.
I'm not sure but I doubt that is true - surely OOo uses it own internal
format while handling data and then converts it to whatever file format
has been requested. I say this based on the fact that if you open an RTF
document and begin adding a background picture you won't get any
warnings - even though RTF does not support background images.

Duncan
--
Linux user: 372812 | GPG key ID: 21A8C63A | http://lithgow-schmidt.dk