Easiest way to burn video CDs and DVD movies?

rpowersau at gmail.com rpowersau at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 12:32:12 UTC 2006

On 11/4/06, Sean Hammond <sean.hammond at gmail.com> wrote:
> Couple of things:
>
> * I installed k3b and can't see how to burn video CDs and DVDs. How do
> you do it? (I'm actually trying to put together instructions for a
> friend)

Well, I know that with an iso image all you have to do is open k3b and
double click on the image in its file file window. Then it starts
burning automigically.  It may be the same for video.

Have you opened k3b and gone into help? There a section in the
handbook entitled:

How to rip a DVD and encode it into an MPEG-4 AVI with K3b

That may be helpful?

> * The DVD authoring page on the wiki:
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DVDAuthoring
>
> seems to suggest that DVDStyler is "extremely pre alpha" and doesn't
> even mention DeVeDe or K3b. If these programs can be used to burn
> DVDs, maybe we should fix that wiki page?
>
> I'd be happy to do this if I had more info on exactly how to use each
> GUI, and how well they work. I can't really test them as I don't have
> a burner. Maybe when I get feedback from my friend who wants to burn
> DVDs.
>
> It's a shame DVDStyler is in not the Ubuntu repositories. I tired the
> latest deb file from their website, but I was missing some library
> (libwxsvg) that I can't find in the repos either. Maybe if I tried an
> older version I'd have more luck.
>
> On 11/3/06, Scott <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
> > Sean Hammond spake thusly on 11/03/2006 06:06 AM:
> > >
> > > So can k3b do it?
> > >

> > Yup
> >

> > --
> >         Scott              |            Ubuntu.