ACPI performance profile

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at schoenhaber.de
Fri Nov 3 14:42:26 UTC 2006

Marco Mandl wrote:
> After upgrading to edgy my laptop is always running with the highest cpu
> freqeuncy. Where can I select the ACPI performance profile?

You could use gnome-power-manager, which provides an applet that lets you
select clock frequencies or which scaling governor shall handle the frequency
selection.

Or you could add a line like
/usr/bin/echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
to /etc/rc.local to select a specific scaling governor on bootup. In this
case, the "ondemand" governor would be selected which adjusts the cpu
frequency according to need.

Regards
  mks