Why Rhythmbox instead of Banshee?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe tshepang at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 05:45:32 UTC 2006

On 10/29/06, Adriano Varoli Piazza <moranar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/29/06, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe <tshepang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a fresh Edgy install and found that Rhythmbox is still
> > included. I was instead expecting Banshee, in order to try it out.
> > What worked against it?
> >
> > --
> >

> What's wrong with Rhythmbox, might I ask? It doesn't ask for the Mono
> runtime, it's stable, actively developed and with its plugins it does
> more or less all I want from it.

* I heard that Banshee occupied less space on disk and that it can do
disc-ripping and burning too, helping to get rid of both Sound-Juicer
and Serpentine -- even more space-saving.
* One other thing is that Rhythmbox can't do tag editing, which I hear
Banshee can.
* There shouldn't be a worry about the Mono stack since there's
already Tomboy and F-Spot in 6.10.
* There were many complaints about Rhythmbox's stability

These reasons cause my surprise why Rhythmbox was excluded.