Partitioning-error during 6.06-install

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Tue May 30 20:51:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 30 May 2006 21:13:54 +0200, Loïc Martin wrote:

[...]
>> So now, I have Windows reporting 15 GB with 5 GB free, and GParted
>> reporting 72 GB, also with 5 GB free. How can I solve this problem?
>
> You should first backup everything important (back up as much as if you
> were to reformat your hard drive).

Windows isn't that important. ;-)

> I've said it earlier on the list, and I don't think that advice was
> taken seriously, so I'll explain it : Hoary's Live cd gave me no pb at
> all with resizing, whereas Breezy and Dapper's always had trouble
> reporting the real state of my partitions. Which seems to be your pb.

Not anymore. But now, the installer crashed (while copying python files,
it seems), and it tells me to report a bug at Launchpad. Nice...
I could give it a try with 5.10 and a distro-upgrade, but the
graphics-chipset of my notebook is only supported since 6.06. So I'll just
leave it at this for a couple of weeks; I'm busy enough without this
stuff.

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com