performance banchmarking tools

Florian Diesch diesch at spamfence.net
Sun May 28 23:45:00 UTC 2006

"Ben Edwards (lists)" <lists at videonetwork.org> wrote:

> Any one know of any good benchmarking tools for Linux.  What I am
> looking for is something that covers CPU hard disk and display.

I never used one but here are some I found:

bonnie++ - Hard drive bottleneck testing benchmark suite.
contest - The linux kernel responsiveness benchmark
nhfsstone - NFS benchmark program
postmark - File system benchmark from NetApp
stress - A tool to impose load on and stress test a computer system
tiobench - Threaded I/O bench for Linux
xengine - A benchmark program for the X Window System.
iozone3 - Filesystem and Disk Benchmarking Tool

   Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>