ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 21, Issue 322

Danny Colligan dannycolligan at gmail.com
Sun May 28 23:23:50 UTC 2006

> On 5/28/06, Danny Colligan <dannycolligan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm getting a strange problem with azureus... it doesn't recognize a
> shared
> > library that is right there:
> >
> > chainlynx at prometheus:~/Desktop/azureus$ sh azureus
> > Starting Azureus...
> > Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...
> > Suitable java version found [java = 1.5.0_07]
> > Configuring environment...
> > java -Xms16m -Xmx128m -cp
> >
> "/home/chainlynx/Desktop/azureus/Azureus2.jar:/home/chainlynx/Desktop/azureus/swt.jar"
> > -Djava.library.path="/home/chainlynx/Desktop/azureus"
> > -Dazureus.install.path="/home/chainlynx/Desktop/azureus"
> > org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main ''
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> > /home/chainlynx/Desktop/azureus/libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so:
> > /home/chainlynx/Desktop/azureus/libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so:
> > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >         at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native
> > Method)
> >         at
> > java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
> >         at
> > java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1676)
> >         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
> >         at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
> >         at
> > org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:123)
> >         at org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS.<clinit>(OS.java:19)
> >         at
> > org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:63)
> >         at
> > org.eclipse.swt.internal.Converter.wcsToMbcs(Converter.java:54)
> >         at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:122)
> >         at
> > org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.<init>(SWTThread.java:75)
> >         at
> > org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.SWTThread.createInstance(
> SWTThread.java:58)
> >         at
> > org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.mainwindow.Initializer.<init>(Initializer.java
> :108)
> >         at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.<init>(Main.java:147)
> >         at
> > org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:162)
> > Azureus TERMINATED.
> >
> > But, the file is there!!!:
> >
> > chainlynx at prometheus:~/Desktop/azureus$ ls
> > azureus                        Azureus.png          libcairo.so.1
> > libswt-cairo-gtk-3139.so  libswt-mozilla-gtk-3139.so  plugins
> > swt.jar
> > Azureus_2.4.0.2_linux.tar.bz2  Azureus.torrent.png
> libswt-atk-gtk-3139.so
> > libswt-gnome-gtk-3139.so  libswt-pi-gtk-3139.so       README.txt
> > Azureus2.jar                   ChangeLog.txt
> libswt-awt-gtk-3139.so
> > libswt-gtk-3139.so        License.txt                 swt-about.html
> >
> > Has anyone else had this problem?  I looked on the wiki and google, no
> [...]
Thanks a lot for the help.  I chmoded everything in the azureus folder
(including the  folder itself) to 777 (full access) and tried to run the
startup script as root.  I also tried adding the current directory to the
$PATH.  Unfortunately, that didn't work.  Ugh.

Are there any more catch-all solutions that may not be the right way (tm) to
do things under linux to get this to work?

Thanks,

Danny