Evolution

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sat May 27 20:27:52 UTC 2006

On Saturday 27 May 2006 15:17, Dave Scott wrote:
> Well, looks like I'm in the minority here, but if I do run across a post
> that's in chronological order top to bottom, and if the last answer is
> off the screen, most likely I'll just move on to the next message rather
> than take the time to scroll.
> Dave

>>> whack

Dave:
Here's the flaw in your strategy: I've noticed that the people who are
fussiest about bottom posting are more apt to be old time *nix types whereas
top posters are more apt to be recent windows migrants. Guess who is more apt
to give you a useful answer.

The same can be said for posting in HTML; some of the same folks who don't
like top posting are also those who just dump HTML crap straight to the bit
bucket. Unread. If I'm having some kind of problem with my system, it seems
to me that I'm ahead of the game if my plaintive plea is read by the guys who
know what they're doing rather than ones who have so recently worshiped
before the altar at the Church of Reformat and Reinstall.

-- cmg