whole ftp repository into cds

nodata ubuntu at nodata.co.uk
Fri May 26 09:28:57 UTC 2006

> hi!
> How can we copy the whole ubuntu ftp repository into cds or dvds, for
> easier
> offline
> Synaptic updating on Ubuntu?
> Or are anywhere these cds or dvds ready to be downloaded in .iso format?
> thanks!
> Paulo

I know you said "offline updating", but I don't think you really want to
do this.

It would probably be better to use a program like apt-cacher.
The first time someone downloads a package through the proxy, it gets
cached. The second time the package is served from the cache - fast.

You can copy the file out of the cache too - it's stored on disk in a
normal file (like apt stores it).