lending library app

Todd Slater dontodd at gmail.com
Thu May 25 01:22:38 UTC 2006

On 5/24/06, Shelagh Manton <oneida at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:09:00 -0400, Todd Slater wrote:
>
> > I run a small Center from which faculty can check out laptops, cameras,
> > books, and other equipment. I'm looking for something like library
> > software that will let me enter assets and let users browse/search and see
> > what's here and available, and of course let me track who has what. Most
> > of the apps I've looked at are either big systems for libraries or big
> > systems for IT asset tracking, and I guess I'm looking for something in
> > between. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Todd
>
> You might be interested in exploring Tellico. It is advertised as a book
> collection manager, but you set up different collections. Assets probably
> wouldn't be that hard to do. And it has a facility to "lend" out books and
> probably for other collections too.
>
> You can get an up-to-date version by adding
>
> deb http://www.imalip.info/tellico/ breezy-backports main
>
> in your /etc/apt/sources.list

Thanks for the info, I should have been more specific that I'd prefer
something web-based.

It looks like webrary (http://www.acqualba.it/webrary) will do mostly
what I want. I'm going to have to look closer at it to see if it can
be made to generate some basic stats about usage, but so far it's the
closest match to what I'm after.

Todd