Howto upgrade encrypted system to Dapper Drake

Alain Muls alain.muls at telenet.be
Wed May 24 21:32:36 UTC 2006

Hi,

At the release of Breezy Badger I encrypted the /usr, /home and /swap partitions following the instructions on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EncryptedFilesystemHowto?highlight=%28encrypt%29

I a couple of days, Dapper Drake will be there and I have already tested it out using an older PC. At the release I would like to upgrade to DD but I wonder how I should proceed. The packages on the encrypted system do not match those on the non encrypted part, since I only followed the upgrades on the encrypted system and I added packages only on this encrypted system.

I was wondering if I should
upgrade the encrypted system
the upgrade the non encrypted system
or vice versa.