Quit... bypasses the logout dialog

Michaël Van Dorpe michael.vandorpe at gmail.com
Wed May 24 13:15:12 UTC 2006

Hello all!

I've seen screenshots of a window with logout options. However, the only
relevant item in my System menu is "Quit...". Pushing this button logs
me out immediately. Adding the Quit... button to a panel and clicking it
does the same thing.

Why can't I see a GUI way of shutting down or restarting (without first
logging out)?

- /apps/panel/global/upstream_session is disabled
- my Dapper is completely up to date

I have filed a bug report* for this a week ago, but since I could also
use a workaround for this problem, I thought the mailing list could
bring some help...

Thank you!

Michaël Van Dorpe

http://hwdb.ubuntu.com/?xml=f2a08dd83a06676d52196b47d70a7eff