Blacklisting does not work...

Ewan Mac Mahon ewan at macmahon.me.uk
Wed May 17 12:22:56 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 12:21:13PM +0100, David Hart wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:30:12AM +1000, Fawad Nazir wrote:
> >
> > I am using Ubuntu 5.10, Linux v.2.6.16.5 and trying to use hostap_cs
> > driver for my prism chipset card instead of orinoco_cs.
> [...]
Then you've buggered it up - that kernel version is not the one that is
used in Ubuntu 5.10; how did you get into this state?

> That really wasn't very considerate of you to open another thread
> for the same problem.  Besides making it more difficult to follow,
> I or others could've wasted time trying to help you in the previous
> thread while it was solved in in this one.

Absolutely. Aside from the effect on the rest of us it's bad for the
questioner too since making it harder for other people to help makes it
less likely that they'll get the help the want.

Ewan