Dlink Wireless card -- 650

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue May 16 19:08:07 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 08:26 -0700, John van V. wrote:

> Look thru the recent posts to see the response I got; basically the
> adivice was
> to recompile the kernel.

I deleted the thread about the 630, but I seem to remember that this was
an issue with the 630 only. In fact I installed a DWL-G650 (can't
remember if "+") on Dapper last week, and it went flawlessly, I just
plugged it in and it worked. Strange that people have so wildly
different experiences here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportComponentsWirelessNetworkCards

The only thing to look out for is that linux-restricted-modules is
installed.
However I only tried WEP, not WPA