vim-gome half-installs

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Mon May 15 00:12:50 UTC 2006

Hi Derek.

> > No, I did NOT. Some other package decided that was a dependency and
> > installed it for me. I think probably the vim package, as it was removed
> > when I removed vim.
> Oh, stop it.  Of course you did.  I didn't say it was explicit, it's just
> something that got installed on account of some choice you made.

Thank you for your earlier help on this Derek, but I don't need this
sort of patronising pedantry.

Implicit changes need to be made very carefully and very intelligently
by software, and they should if at all possible not break other
programs, other installs or other deinstalls. I've just been through
what should have been a simple install/deinstall and have seen all
three, apparently centred around ubuntu-minimal.

Maybe someone can use this info to improve Ubuntu.

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (w/h)