Ubuntu Welcome Center

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Sat May 13 20:03:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 15:36 +0100, Bryan Chapman wrote:
> NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment is confidential. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately then delete it from your system. Whilst every effort has been made to check this mail is virus free we accept no responsibility for software viruses and you should check for viruses before opening any attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this email and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given by the company nor endorsed by it.
> This message has been scanned for viruses by Mail Controller - www.MailController.altohiway.com

Bryan, any chance you could use another account for Ubuntu discussion?
Silly disclaimers like this are a waste of time and space. The bit about
virii I haven't seen before. It's like writing on an envelope "Although
we have made every attempt to make this envelope safe we take no
responsibility for injuries cause to you or your mail box. You are
therefore advised to check the edges to avoid paper cuts and to avoid
using the envelope as a parachute."... blah blah...

Duncan