NFSv4 support in Dapper.

Luis M lemsx1 at gmail.com
Wed May 10 15:10:26 UTC 2006

On 5/10/06, Lea Gris <lea.gris at noiraude.net> wrote:
> Luis M a écrit :
> > I was wondering this same question myself.
> >
> > I switched (already) all my workstations to Dapper (i know i know...
> > but i couldn't resist). And I tried to have all my shares be mounted
> > the "right" way using NFS4, only to come across the same stumbling
> > block that you are describing.
> >
> > I still haven't figured out how to fix this issue... the nfs-common
> > package claims to have nfs4 support (in the debian changelog), so, i
> > don't know what else is missing (the kernel module is there).
> >
> > Somebody should point out at least a workaround in this thread...
>
> Well, these things seems to see light :
>
> Bug 39582 about libpam-krb5 is now Confirmed (debian unstable
> libpam-krb5-1.2.0-3 is working fine with dapper)
> Bug 27425 about NFSv4 Fixed in 2.12r-4ubuntu5
>
> Ill have to retry the NFSv4 mount later in june or if time allow before
> the end of this week.
>
> Good news though.

Well, in my case it simply worked fine (dapper latest update). The
NFS4 server is running Breezy and the client is dapper:

mount -t nfs4 ...

Worked just fine now. (finally).

--
Luis Mondesi

Kiskeyix.org

"We think basically you watch television to turn your brain off, and
you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on" --
Steve Jobs in an interview for MacWorld Magazine 2004-Feb

No .doc: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html