Recent Xorg update - Suggestion to maintainers

Dana J. Laude kc9aae at bresnan.net
Wed May 10 06:05:08 UTC 2006

Greetings,

Just a FYI, but the maintainers might want to add a sanity check
IF the user has installed the mga_hal_driv.o from Matrix and
then proceed accordingly.... like I had. ;)

Anyways, giving a check to /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers would
be a nice option, and if the above file exists, having a rename
function would surfice.  Most users wouldn't usually have this
problem, but some might, and I knew the solution after the
reboot and Xorg failed to restart.. but.

Regards,

Dana