Where r packages stored?

Clive Menzies clive at clivemenzies.co.uk
Tue May 9 10:24:08 UTC 2006

On (09/05/06 05:50), kareem shabazz wrote:
> I was just wondering, since I've been doing numerous updates with Dapper beta,
> where are the downloaded packages saved? Do they ever get deleted? How can I
> delete them if I need space on my hard drive (running a laptop)?

I'm not sure about synaptic but in aptitude there is an option to clear
package cache:

$ sudo aptitude

will put you in interactive mode; press F10 to access the menu and then
'c' to clear the package cache.

alternatively you can do it from the commandline:

$ sudo aptitude clean

see man aptitude

Regards

Clive