Correcting a screen offset in X

paul marwick paulm at waitrose.com
Mon May 8 21:36:54 UTC 2006

In article <200605082240.48940.alan at linuxholdings.co.za>,
Alan McKinnon <alan at linuxholdings.co.za> wrote:

> You need to adjust the timings in your Modeline. Easiest way is to run
> xvidtune from a console and adjust till the picture is right. When
> you exit it will print a Modeline to std out which you copy-paste
> into the relevant section of xorg.conf

Thanks Alan. Took a bit of fiddling to work out where to put it, but it
has fixed things effecitvely. I'll have to try the same with the Dapper
live CD, since it was giving me similar problems as well.

paul.

--
System uptime is 12 days 08:01 hours and 52 seconds

paulm at waitrose.com
Marwick Computer Services - Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, UK
OS/2, LAN and general Computer Consultants