apt-get update error

jclose ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Mon May 8 02:35:33 UTC 2006

I have set up the proxy configuration in the system settings (for the
network connection) but I haven't tried the export trick you listed.  I
am operating from behind a coporate firewall/proxy setup so there are
settings and configurations that I will probably never really know
about.  :)

I have since tried a different mirror (it is one that I think is even
in the same city I am in - course it could be hosted across the country
but the college who's name is on the URL is in my city).  I was able to
get some things cleared up but still had the same types of errors with
the mirror, too.  I will try a different mirror and see what kind of
results I get.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will keep poking and proding.

Justin

--
jclose