KDE App, running on Gnome

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Sun May 7 19:45:02 UTC 2006

On Sunday 07 May 2006 07:49, ben wrote:
> On Sunday 07 May 2006 15:15, Richard wrote:
> > Thought I would ask,
> > if it possibly to run a KDE App on Gnome Desktop ? (before I do a
> > install)
>
> yes, just apt-get install or use synaptic the desired app(s) and it
> will drag along the dependencies required to make it just work

To clarify, with a sane package setup (I assume Ubuntu is sane in this
regard, I've never installed just a single KDE app), Synaptic will
also install kde-libs and a few other minor things. It shouldn't
install all of KDE as well, which can get quite big... :-)

And, the KDE app will look like a KDE app, not like a Gtk one. Sounds
obvious, but I've had people ask me in the past why not

--
If only me, you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za