starting X on tv-out from Hauppauge pvr-350

norseman1 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu May 4 17:48:10 UTC 2006

if you take a look at the manpage for lspci, you should see which
address it is on.

you can take the hex code directly in your xorg.conf file as 0x0b, for
example.

Then, double check what is written out to /var/log/messages and search
for a line with either fb0 or fb1. (mine is using fb1)

My big problem is getting tv-out working at this point. I need to get
an Xdriver for the PVR-350 that works. I am on 2.6.12-10 (386) and none
of the example drivers works.

help with compiling the ivtv_dev driver is what I need right now... :(

I am using ivtv 0.4.4... everything else works fine, thus far....

--
norseman1