Xgl doesn't start with fglrx

Erlend Simonsen mr at fudgie.org
Thu May 4 08:57:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 18:56 +0100, rumpeltux wrote:
> Interestingly i can run Xgl from another Xsession (called nested i
> assume), so i have an xgl window in which everything works fine, but i
> cannot run this Xgl standalone.

I've been able to use it with fglrx by starting a minimal Xorg with just
an xterm, then starting a fullscreen Xgl and a xterm on :1 with a shell
script (or manual typing).

Bugger that fglrx doesn't support 2560x1024 on dual monitors, so I'm
still cussing over that I don't have a nVidia card here at work.

-- Erlend