Menu Tooltips.

towsonu2003 ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed May 3 14:35:01 UTC 2006

Vincent Trouilliez Wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 14:35 +0100, towsonu2003 wrote:

> > 3 months... ouch... I thought our developers tried to fix upstream
> bugs

> > as well?

> Sometimes, but I think they are plenty busy enough fixing Ubuntu
> related

> bugs. And as for this particular bug, I feel nobody really cares and
> it

> will never be possible for the user to gain reasonable control over

> those tooltips (on or off, delay before activation), system wide.

> It's just one of these little things that bugs you all the time but
> that

> will still be there in 20 years.

> But well, that's how open source development goes, so I have learnt to

> live with it. If Desktop Linux were perfect, people would rush to

> install it all over the world, which is not quite what happening just

> yet... in 10 years maybe, iffff all goes well... cross fingers.

> --

> Vince

I can only say: if I were a programmer... but sociology education
doesn't work for me to fix tooltip bugs :)

don't be that pessimistic. I'm sure one of the gnome devels will get
real sick and nauseated of those tooltips and send out a workaround
sooner or later. would you like tooltips for the program you developed?
thing is, one has to find that workaround on the web :)

--
towsonu2003