Menu Tooltips.

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed May 3 13:55:30 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-03 at 14:35 +0100, towsonu2003 wrote:
> 3 months... ouch... I thought our developers tried to fix upstream bugs
> as well?

Sometimes, but I think they are plenty busy enough fixing Ubuntu related
bugs. And as for this particular bug, I feel nobody really cares and it
will never be possible for the user to gain reasonable control over
those tooltips (on or off, delay before activation), system wide.
It's just one of these little things that bugs you all the time but that
will still be there in 20 years.
But well, that's how open source development goes, so I have learnt to
live with it. If Desktop Linux were perfect, people would rush to
install it all over the world, which is not quite what happening just
yet... in 10 years maybe, iffff all goes well... cross fingers.

--
Vince