XGL with more/less than 4 workspaces

Michael R Head burner at suppressingfire.org
Fri Mar 31 18:16:18 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 19:18 +0200, Alexandre Franke wrote:
> One question just came to my mind. What would happen with XGL if I had
> not 4 but say 3 or 5 workspaces? I mean, default gnome/KDE settings is
> 4. All the videos I have seen show XGL having 4 workspaces, which
> implies that they are on the four sides of a cube (top and bottom
> faces don't count because they are blank, which will lead to the
> second question, see below). So how would or does XLG behave if I have
> another number of workspaces (if this is possible)?

The top and bottom of the box become regular N-gons, where N=the number
of workspaces.

> Second question: top and bottom faces are blank on all the videos I
> have seen, except one where there's an Impress presentation (this one
> was about 10 minutes long and shows many features, David Reverman's
> and Novell's names appear at the beginning).
> Do these faces serve any purpose? How can they get used?

It's not an impress presentation. It's a sequence of SVG images. I have
not even been able to get it to work even on the cubic box. You're
supposed to set a list of filenames that will be progressed through, but
nothing ever shows up when I set that gconf variable.

mike

--
Michael R Head <burner at suppressingfire.org>
burner | suppressingfire | firestorm | phoenix | firefighter | flambe |