DLL vs Shared Library

Phillip Susi psusi at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 30 19:04:19 UTC 2006

I think you misunderstood the argument.  It isn't that unused shared
libs waste disk space, it is that it is nice to be able to simply copy a
program from one machine to another and have it just work, as opposed to
failing to load because one or more dependent libraries are not also
installed, or because a bunch of registry entries are missing or
something.  It is ease of use vs efficiency.