Creative Commons cafe - looking for music player software

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:34:51 UTC 2006

Wow, this looks great.  I want to do something similar, and wrote it
up over as a project for Portland, OR, USA.  I called it Bawdry:

http://wiki.personaltelco.net/index.cgi/Bawdry

What format are you intending to use?  If you used Ogg Vorbis then you
could use a java player within a browser, and then skin Firefox to do
whatever you wanted.  There is a java player with ogg vorbis
(JOrbisPlayer http://www.jcraft.com/jorbis/) support which works well,
and can retrieve the song information from the live stream as it
plays.  So, you could just build a little bit of javascript/html/java
code and easily change the skins, even allowing that to be customized
at the coffee shop.

I'd love to collaborate if you need helpers.  I've got lots of
programming skills and experience with streaming audio and multimedia.

Chris