[dapper] nm-vpn-properties: does it work?

Darryl Clarke smartssa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 16:43:18 UTC 2006

On 28/03/06, Michael R. Head <burner at suppressingfire.org> wrote:
> I'm curious if nm-vpn-properties is meant to work, and if so, how? Are
> there additional packages required to get it to do something other than
> report that I don't have VPN software installed? I didn't find anything
> in the man page or in /usr/share/doc/network-manager-gnome
>
> mike

Just a bit further on this, I filed a bug:
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/37110

There's a bit more detail provided, but as it stands the extra pieces
required for vpn aren't yet available as ubuntu packages.

The info provided in the bug report tells you where to get the plugins though.

It's not critical for me though so I have no intent to compile them myself. :)

Cheers.
~ Darryl  ~ smartssa at gmail.com
~ http://darrylclarke.com