Opera & Midnight Commander

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 29 04:54:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:15:03 +0530
"Sridhar M.A." <mas at mylug.org> wrote:

> For new users, I would suggest emelfm rather than mc. I am not sure
> whether it is packaged for ubuntu.

V. 0.9.2-7 is in Dapper.  I'll take a look...

Hmmm, where's the editor that mc has under the F4?
Where is the console display so necessary if you're somehow locked out
of X?
(You Emacs and VI folks keep down, now.)
OK. it's somewhat like the old Winduhs file manager but are new users
going to know about where to find help for it?
("help" on the included command line or "man emelfm" in a terminal)
It's nice but the console display ability makes mc far superior, IMO.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs