Automatix?

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Mon Mar 27 08:39:32 UTC 2006

'Forum Post wrote:
> There are no concerns because all of the outstanding ones have already
> been addressed.

I have brought up a few already:

* echo -e "Y\n"  seems like you and the packager disagree on which
actions are safe.
* What happens if the script dies mid-way? Am I stuck with a different
sources.list?
* What happens if my grandma uses Automatix and just presses "yes" at
every question? Will she be stuck with a different sources.list?

Unless I missed an email, you haven't addressed those. Saying that
"there are no concerns" doesn't make it so.

> Automatix is not meant for everyone.

Who is it meant for? I thought it was meant for a new user trying Ubuntu.

Best,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org